Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Signs of the Times....

Ok, so I remember when a stamp cost twenty-five cents, and a cup of coffee at the local cafe cost a quarter to fifty cents tops...

Sadly, my four year old, Alissa doesn't remember those days...

She asked me to go into her kitchen today because she had money for me to buy things from her "office"... (and also said she was an office-Sir).
"Well," she said, "I'm not really an office-Sir, I just live in an office."

Anyway, back to the coffee...

First I bought a salad for one dollar, then proceeded to ask for the price of coffee.

"Ummm... twelve dollars."

"Twelve? That's a little too much.", I said. "I would give you one or two dollars..."

"Okay," says Alissa, "then two pours - One...... Two."

"Oh, okay... Two pours?" I say with a grin...

"Yep."

So, I got two pours of coffee for two dollars... and when I gave her my last four dollars... you guessed it, I got four pours...

No comments:

Post a Comment