Thursday, August 26, 2010

Murphy's Law

Earlier this week, I finally dusted off my wireless router, connected all the cables, secured the connection... so awesome! I have been putting off reconnecting it for a loooooong time (since we moved into the house from the apartment), so I was happy to be able to use my laptop in the living room again.

Of course, I couldn't resist finding something to entertain the girls. I decided to look at homeschool resources, and found a website with free audio downloads and we listened to excerpts from "Genesis".

After awhile, my battery was getting low, so I decided to plug the laptop in and let it charge. When I went back later to do something else on the laptop, it would not power up - whatsoever... I looked online to see if I could find a quick fix, but apparently lots of people have had this issue with their HP laptops... Nooooo! Less than 24 hours of laptop joy sadly faded into one more thing that has to get fixed... one more thing that has to get done around here... So, I suppose I'll order a new battery pack (which will no doubt be uber expensive) and/or a new charging brick. I hope and pray that it is not too expensive and doesn't turn out that the motherboard has gone kerputs...

Sometimes I really abhor computers... at least when they don't work properly, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment